I Wore My Slippers to Work

By Chandler - 4/27/2015

So I don't know if anyone remembers but at some point last year I decided to start a series called "Smiling on Monday." Now in the blogging world, I'm not known to stick to things for too long mostly because I tend to let real life come first and things happen. But today I was driving home from work and I thought I need some happy thoughts on this Monday; so once again I'm gonna start up with this Smiling on Monday business.

Smiling on Monday was born out of my desire to make Mondays a little less terrible. If we change out mindset, it can be a great day. It doesn't have to be the day to follow the weekend and ruin all the fun. It can be the day that starts a new a fun-filled week.


5 Reasons I'm Smiling Today:

1. I wore my slippers to work and didn't lose my job. I'd call that successful. (Mostly it wasn't because I actually forgot I had them on until I was halfway to work... oops)
2. I ate ice cream and popcorn for dinner. I didn't feel like cooking and those seemed like good options. I'm not sad about it.
3. It was 72 degrees outside today. I'm not complaining.
4. One on one time with students. Granted it was for testing but I still love working with them one on one.
5. The fact that Chipotle uses ingredients without GMOs. Hello happiness :)

** BONUS REASON: Taylor Swift's instagram video with the sheep being rude

Mondays are rough, but if you look for the positives you can make it a good day!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 thoughts

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'm pretty jealous of your dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete