Karma

By Chandler - 4/10/2014

So this positivity thing could be going better. But I'm also going to say it could be going worse. For those of you who don't know me personally, or don't follow me on Instagram (you probably should), you probably don't know that I've started the 100 Happy Days challenge. And it's fantastic!

If you decide to do it, let me know!

But today, I wanna talk about karma. Specifically, how you can change your karma. We've all heard the Japanese Proverb, "fall down seven, stand up eight." --roughly translated, because I've heard it about six different ways.

The bad news: Life doesn't always go your way. And sometimes that really messes you up. Life can get in your head and make you feel like crap. Trust me, today was rough. 
The good news: you can make life seem more in your favor than it actually is.

Positive thinking. I know you've heard it before but I am a firm believe in the power of positive thinking.  When things start to take a turn for the worse, step back and think of how this could actually be helping you.
Example: I woke up REALLY late this morning. As in a full 40 minutes later than I usually do. And instead of panicking, I thought for a minute. Realized if I took the world's fastest shower (aka washed my hair and body in 5 minutes), I could still make my breakfast, make lunch, make tea to go, and still leave on time. I had to give up my morning news watching and couch sitting. But it made me really productive. Also, I realized I could sleep an extra 30 to 40 minutes in the morning... but I won't because I prefer to dilly dally in the morning.
via
Everything is an experience. Think about it. When you fail at something, you tend to learn something from it. You talk about it until everyone is sick of hearing about it. You know that you can do better. So the next time the situation is put in front of you, you step up to the plate--and you do freaking awesome!

Patience is a virtue. Take a step back and think of how many situations could have been remedied if you just thought before you acted. I teach my first graders this and sure it's a hard lesson, but by 20-something, 30-something, 40-something, etc... you should have it down-packed. The problem is our society has become so automatic that we expect to receive answers and/or gratification right away. Which in turns leads us to believe that we must give answers and/or reactions immediately. But we don't actually have to. And in fact, when we step back and think for a minute. The results far exceed those rash decisions we could have (or really have) made.

Now, I'm not rocket scientist and I know that I haven't told you anything new. But sometimes we just need a reminder. We need to think about life as a whole picture, not a snapshot.
The next time you are having a "bad day," step back, take a deep breath, and count to ten before you do anything else.

And when all else fails, remember that only you know plan A. So when you have to go to plan B, C, D, etc--no one else knows that is wasn't part of plan A.

Here's to wishing you all a wonderful Friday :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts