Back to Bed

By Chandler - 2/26/2015

And with the winter closing in on me
I am falling far behind
Like when I first lost my innocence
and then I lost my mind.

You are my addiction
The needle and the spoon
There were parts of me that loved you
but they ran away too soon.

I am sorry if I hurt you,
that was not my intent.
I will pack my bags and leave this place.
So why don't you go back to bed.

"Ron [Pope] is a musical Renaissance Man, writing, composing, recording, producing, managing, and igniting his own career."


I was listening to Ron Pope on Spotify, as I often do while working on lesson plans, writing blog posts, cooking dinner, etc. All of lifes activitives can be accompanied by Ron Pope as the background music. Anyway, I was listening to Spotify and the song Back to Bed came on and I had never heard it before. But it stuck with me. The words, the melody, all of it--stuck in my head for hours on end.

So I typed out the lyrics, figuring my subconscious was trying to tell me something. And while I am still figuring out what my subconscious wanted with this song, I'm still in love with it. It is beautiful and simple and worth listening to--go do that!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts