Hurricane Sandy Relief

By Chandler - 2/18/2013

Hey Bloggers, you're favorite part-time blogger over here.

This week I was really touched by the number of people who are willing to go out of their way to help others.  I am from South Jersey and while my family was not directly affected by Hurricane Sandy, I know many people and neighbors who were.  The amount of people who come together in a time of need is extremely touching.
This weekend, for though it has been months since Sandy hit, over 400 people came together to run/walk a 5K down in Long Beach Island, NJ.  Let's Get Sandy Run for a Cause. I convinced some of my college roommates that it would be fun to wake up at 8am on a Saturday in freezing cold February to run this with me; they went for it.
 

Also, I have a slight obsession with the website Sevenly.org; seriously if you are ever looking for a cause, you need to check them out.  Anyway this week they are selling shirts to benefit Sandy Relief.  It is just so nice to know that people are still thinking of the families who were affected by this awful storm.
My heart is happy this week knowing that there is still good in the world.

Do you have a favorite cause?
Are you a fan of Sevenly? :)
xoxo


Stay Beautiful :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts