Northern Girl in a Southern World: Chicken & Dumplings

By Chandler - 9/26/2015

So this Jersey girl has been in North Carolina for over a year now. And while I am still 100% a Jersey girl, I'm learning to love some things about this southern world that I've been thrown into. In today's edition of North Girl in a Southern World, we're talking food. To be specific, Chicken and Dumplings (aka my favorite) made in the Crockpot, because everything is easier in the Crockpot.


What You Need:
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Cans of cream of chicken soup
1/2 Large Onion (diced)
2 Tablespoons of butter
1 Can of chicken broth (just enough to cover everything in the crockpot)
1 Tube of Pillsbury Grands Jr. Biscuits (the pack with 10 biscuits)
** Now someone told me that if I'd really adapted the the southern way of life, I'd make my own biscuits... they're probably correct but I've never made biscuits before and this was the easy way! Works for me.


How It's Made (in 3 easy steps):

  1. Place chicken, soup, onion, and butter in the Crockpot. Cover with chicken broth. Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours.
  2. About 30 minutes before you want to serve, break the biscuit dough into little pieces and roll in flour (to prevent it from sticking together). Throw the dough into the Crockpot and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
  3. Serve and enjoy!
Maybe one day I'll learn to make my own biscuit dough from scratch. I do know the correct temperature for the oven to be at! But that story is for another time. I'm off to finish washing dishes.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts