Fresh Starts

By Chandler - 11/12/2015

via

When life gets really hard, I tend to run. That's my escape from it all. I've run from reality so many times that I've begun to lose count. The farthest I've ever run was 531 miles -- obviously I don't mean running in the typical, lace up your sneakers and go, sort of way.

When I moved to North Carolina, I was not just welcoming in a new adventure and great opportunity. I was looking to leave some things behind. I packed my bags and headed out with a heavy heart, sad to leave behind the life I always knew. But with that came a sense of relief and the feeling of finally being able to breath again.

Feeling trapped in any situation is enough to make me run for the hills. Right now I'm learning that sometimes life gets tough and you have to see it through. You don't always get to pack your bags and run in the midst of something terrible.

So while I will always believe in the hopefulness that comes from a fresh start, I am learning that hopefulness can exist at other times too. Or maybe I'm learning that fresh starts can come even when we don't run from the life we once had.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts