Celebrating All the Mommas Today

By Chandler - 5/08/2016

Let me start by saying Happy Mother's Day to all the important ladies in my life. And to all the other moms out there. Last year I wrote one of my favorite posts to date, all about the important lessons my momma has taught me. Today, I wanna thank my momma (and all those other important life-shaping ladies) for all the things we often forget to say thank you for.

Thank you for being my friend, my counselor, my cheerleader, my go-to escape plan, my disciplinarian, and my life coach. I don't know how you do it all and still manage to find time.  I really think moms are superheroes in disguise.

Thank you for always forgiving me. Even when I wasn't sure if I was sorry yet. I figured it out eventually and knowing that you would always be there with open-arms made it easier to fall on my face.

Thank you for listening to the many melodramatics of my life. And letting my cry and slam doors. Thank you for understanding that sometimes I needed to stew about it a bit. And for knowing that sometimes I needed to deal with it right then and there.
Thank you for proving that girls are just as good as boys, at anything. You have made me realize that there truly are people who can do it all. And you are one of them.

Thank you for teaching me the importance of kindness, even when it's hard.

Thank you for valuing family -- those related to us and those we pick for ourselves.
Thank you for never giving up on me. Even through the numerous times that I wanted to give up on myself.

Thank you for all of our adventures together -- the big and the small. I value each and every one of them.

Thank you for loving me unconditionally and holding my hand through this journey called life. I am so grateful that you play such a big role in my life. I wouldn't want it any other way.

I love you! Happy Mother's Day

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts