Speak Now

By Chandler - 9/06/2014


We all have those things we really want to say but we aren't sure how or when to say them. A few nights ago, I was talking to my best friend and she quoted Taylor Swift from her Speak Now album. As soon as she started the quote, I knew where she was going with it.  And I knew that in my heart, I agreed with her. But real life is a funny thing. It comes with real, raw emotions. It comes with hurt and love and silence and loud words and hugs and smiles and tension. And emotions can be are scary; they are scary because they are real.  Emotions show that we are human. For some reason, our society has a problem with showing that we are human. We don't like to show that we can be hurt or that we can be weak.
But something that is scary than raw emotions for me, is the what ifs. I try to live my life being honest to myself. If at the end of the day, you are left wondering what if... then you did something wrong by yourself. What if you had just said something, regardless of if it would embarrass you. I don't like what ifs. And I don't like regret. But I also don't like feeling vulnerable. 

So today, I'm hoping that I can be Fearless and just Speak Now. Because if I don't do it now, I may never do it.

Here's to hoping that you Speak Now too.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts