/əˈmōSH(ə)n(ə)l/

By Chandler - 11/15/2014

All snuggled under the covers, coffee to the right, candle burning on the trunk at the foot of my bed, open pretzel bag laying to my left, a chip clip holding my hair up, playing Autumn Acoustics from Spotify. It's 1:24pm. I actually had plans to get out of bed today. But that's not what I wanted to write about. Let's talk about highly sensitive people.



Calling it emotional doesn't quite do it justice.
/əˈmōSH(ə)n(ə)l/
Emotional is just a word. But this is more than that. It's a feeling. It's raw. It's extreme joy and extreme pain. Everything is heighten. That is how I view the world. And it can be very difficult at times.

I've been called emotional more times than I can count in my life. I've also been told to get over it and develop tough skin almost as many times. I don't think people understand that those are just words. They don't actually mean anything. And if they do, I don't even want them to mean anything to me.


I refuse to let the world make me hard. I will continue to wear my heart on my sleeve. It took me a long time to become comfortable with who I am. And it is still an everyday battle. But I hope to never see the day when I can no longer express my emotions.

I may cry over the silly little things (to you), but to me it shows that I care. Crying is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign that you've held on for to long and you need a break. This week was a hard one. Friday was my breaking point. I will get stronger, but I will never stop caring with all my heart.


And in case anyone wants an opinion besides my own on all of this, I did my research for you!
16 Habits of Highly Sensitive People
In Defense of Highly Sensitive People
What Highly Sensitive People can Teach us all about Kindness

Have a good Saturday!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts