I shouldn't be left alone

By Chandler - 1/17/2015


I like to think I'm the independent type. And I am. I like to be alone. I like to do things for myself. But if we're being honest, I'm guilty of also being paranoid.

It was a year in November. But I won't ever forget the date or that day. While it was blur as it happened and even right after, I remember it pretty clearly now.

November 1, 2013. That's the date of my college apartment fire. That's the date that plays back in my mind every once and awhile. Especially when I'm alone. It was the dryer. And it wasn't anything we did wrong. See I was the paranoid type before the fire, too. I kept the lint trap cleaner than most people keep their kitchen floor. I checked it before and after every load of laundry that I did. I vacuumed it out a few times--I read that one online, didn't come up with it on my own. But still that dryer caught on fire and changed my life forever. It was the engine, for those curious minds out there. The company knows it is a problem and figured it is cheaper to pay claims than to recall all their dryers. i guess they don't care about my emotional state... sorry for my tangent

Anyway. I was having a very productive day of report cards and Criminal Minds, grading math assessments and watching Vampire Diaries, stress cleaning the entire apartment while listening to the Lumineers, and even doing some laundry. Then I panicked. As I usually do when I decide to do laundry--which 9 times out of 10 is when I'm home alone... I did one load no problem. Set it off on low heat in the dryer, put the second load in the washer. I even let it all finished before my little brain decided to go psycho-crazy on me. As I emptied the first load from the dryer and folded it to put away, I decided that the dryer was too warm to run a second load. So now I'm sitting in an apartment that looks like my closet threw up on it because my dryer clothes are hung up everywhere.

I swear I'm not crazy. Although you probably all think I am now. But that wasn't my point. I guess I decided to write this because writing my thoughts make me feel a little better and I could use all the happy thoughts right now.

I'm off to finish grading math assessments. Here's to hoping your Saturday night is filled with a little less crazy than mine.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts