The Things People Say

By Chandler - 10/07/2015

After some thought, I decided to post this one. I talked about it in a rambling, nonsense post last week. Now I'm still trying to figure out my views and the whole atheism things. But I tend to identify more with atheists than anything else, mostly because I don't know what I believe. So here's a list of the responses that I tend to hear when I say that I'm an atheist.


Things People Say When I Tell Them I'm an Atheist

So do you hate people who believe in God?
Really... this is what comes to your mind when I say I'm an atheist? Let's make something clear, I like to believe that I'm a good person. I also don't hate people. I don't believe in hating people. I might dislike people, but that has nothing to do with their religious beliefs. Some of my very best friends are the most religious people I know.

Are you mad at God?
Nope. It's really hard to mad at someone/something that you don't believe in.

Did your parents raise you this way?
Nope. I was raised Catholic. I went to Catholic School for 8 years (two years of preschool). I grew up in the Catholic Church. I made my first penance, first communion, and confirmation. I also made the decision to stop believing in God. My parents may not fully understand, but they support me regardless. I was raised to be independent and I think I've got that down pretty well.

You probably just haven't found the right church for you.
Maybe, but I don't think that's it. Do some research on atheism and get back to me.

Don't you feel like your life is missing something? Don't you feel empty?
Nope. I've got a rather full and fulfilling life without a God to devote myself to. I have purpose without someone else giving it to me, thanks for asking.

Do you worship Satan?
Really? You do know what atheism is? Get a book and learn something, please and thank you.

I'll pray for you.
Thank you. If you believe that praying for me will make you feel better, go for it. I don't believe it will help but that's just me.

I'm sure this is just a phase and you'll find our faith.
Thank you for discrediting my current beliefs. I don't walk around telling you that one day you'll wake up and realize God isn't real. So please stop telling me that I'll wake up one day and find God. I'm not sure it works that way, but if it does I'll be sure to tell ya'll.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 thoughts